Another year, another opportunity to make (or keep making) your health a priority. Here are 10 reasons 2019 is YOUR year.
1. It’s not just about your current self, it’s about your future self as well.
Your 60 year old self will thank you.
2. Making changes in your life can help motivate friends and family to do the same.
Improving your own life is amazing, but helping others do the same is priceless (one of the reasons I chose to become a health coach).
3. Improving your health can improve other areas of your life, too.
Feeling better physically and mentally can have a domino effect of improving other areas in your life like work productivity and relationships.
4. Change is a good thing.
If you continue doing what you’ve always done, you will continue feeling how you’ve always felt. Embrace the change.
5. Focusing on healthier eating will expand your palate.
Eating healthier means adding more variety to your diet. Explore new options and don’t be afraid to try new things, you might even discover a new favorite food!
6. The human body loves to be challenged.
The human body is an amazing thing. Pushing yourself physically can pay off ten-fold when it comes to how your body holds up over the years.
7. Focusing on your health will increase your confidence and self-efficacy.
Become your best self inside AND out.
8. You’ll discover a new community.
I think this is one of the most underrated and invaluable parts of leading a healthier life. If you’re going for a walk, going to the gym, sharing progress on social media, or just looking for information online, you’re bound to meet some new people. Who knows, you might even find your next inner circle!
9. Small efforts can have big rewards
A lot of people set big goals in the beginning and then get discouraged and quit after they mess up once or twice. I encourage my clients to break that big goal down into smaller goals and focus on making choices each day that will get them there.
10. What could possibly be more important than taking care of the only body you get?
I’ll just leave this here..
Now go crush those goals!